Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Token specific carbon brake pads.

Hi. I have a really brilliant pair of Token Resolute 45mm carbon wheels but I’m having trouble locating a set of the “ Standard” Red carbon brake pads.
Merlin cycles had them but currently out of stock although they do have to slim version but these aren’t what I need. Seen some advertised on eBay from China but unsure of their suitability or authenticity.
Therefore, can anyone recommend any other set of pads that would be suitable for these wheels that wouldn’t cause them any damage and would perform well?
Better still, anyone know if their local bike shop sticks them?
Cheers and stay safe.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Creakingcrank | 3 weeks ago
1 like

Campagnolo carbon rim brake pads are red, and you can get them in "Shimano" (i.e., "normal") shape. I am using some at the moment and they seem to 1) Stop my bike, 2) Not mark the rims.

hawkinspeter | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Might be worth having a look at Noah & Theo: https://noahandtheo.co.uk/index.php

They're 3rd party pads and I'm not sure which pads you're looking for - are they made by Token?

casati53x11 replied to hawkinspeter | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

They are the ones supplied by Token with the wheels although I bought the wheels second hand from a friend who has gone to disc. So, I'd say yes, direct from Token . Thanks for the reply.👍

hawkinspeter replied to casati53x11 | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

I just had a quick look at Token's website and they list i-ride.co.uk as their UK distributor, so I went there and found these ones in stock: https://www.i-ride.co.uk/products/components/braking/rim-brake-pads/tk345s-all-weather-brake-pads-for-wide-carbon-rims-hg/?sku=TK-BZZ345S-TK

They're the "wide" ones, whatever that means.

casati53x11 replied to hawkinspeter | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Many thanks. Yes I already looked at their website and saw those. Apparently the wide ones are for direct mount or aero brakes. The ones I need are the standard which are out of stock.👍

Spangly Shiny replied to casati53x11 | 3 weeks ago
1 like

I've been using Swissstop Black Prince on my carbon rims. Once I had found them I am reluctant to try anything else.

casati53x11 replied to Spangly Shiny | 3 weeks ago
1 like

Cheers . That's something I've been considering.👍 my rims are lovely and shiny. Wondering if the black prince ones would mark them?

Latest Comments