Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Subscribed but not a subscriber

I signed up as a subscriber a couple of months ago in preparation for the game changing prior to the Giro. Now I can't join the Giro because I need to be a subscriber, but when I click on the subscribe button it shows me my subscription details. I did email about this on Sunday, no reply yet. If the Giro starts without me having a team in it I will definitely not be a subscriber any longer.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

trenzalorian | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

IMPORTANT :

For anyone struggling that's paid, I couldnt get on. I changed my passwords so they were identical. Still didnt work. I then opened a different browser with no cookies on and it suddenly showed me as a Premium member and able to enter.

I dont know if my actions did the trick or if it just needed time for the site to update or if dave saw my previous message but one of the above sorted it.

So if you're struggling try deleting cookies or trying browser with known empty cookies.

Cheers

trenzalorian | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

Same problem here. Cant eaccess the competition despite subscribing.

It's gone midnight and comp closes in 8 hours or so.

UPDATE - now sorted

lanternblanc48 | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

I have just subscribed and I am having the same problem

katar_6 | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

Hi.  I subscribed today but still can't access the game

EmmaES | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

I'm having this same problem too. Subscribed last night but when I try to pick my team it tells me to subscribe. I know of several other people having the same issue.

Kathystevenson replied to EmmaES | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

I'm having this same issue, how long does the site take to update? 

dave atkinson replied to Kathystevenson | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

hi kathy, i've emailed you

jonah1961 | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

Same here Luca, I subscibed this morning but wonder whether the creaky website takes a while to update?

dave atkinson replied to jonah1961 | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

I've made some changes to the way the two sites talk to one another this morning. let me know if it's working for you. they're separate but they use the same login and there have been some issues with information propagating

Rammusser replied to dave atkinson | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

Still not working for me either.

dave atkinson replied to Rammusser | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

I've emailed you. 

For anyone else having this issue: the most likely scenario is that you have a saved password on fantasy.road.cc in your browser that's not the same as your current password on road.cc.

the game attempts to log in using your road.cc account, but it keeps a local copy of user data in case the main site isn't accessible, so that the game will still work if the main site is down. if the saved password is rejected by the main site but matches the local data it'll log you in, but not update your subscription status. 

trenzalorian replied to dave atkinson | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

my passwords were the same.

wasnt letting me join the fantasy.

changed both passwords so still identical but still not allowing it.

Simonmcm replied to dave atkinson | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

Hi Dave,

Yeah I'm having the same problem too. I wasn't sure if it was because the payment needs to "clear" before access is granted.

Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Simon (simple)

dave atkinson replied to Simonmcm | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

i've run a manual update this morning so everyone that's a subscriber should be able to access the game ok, let me know if not!

ChrisGoddard replied to dave atkinson | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

Hi Dave, I subscribed yesterday but still can't access the game

Jazz replied to ChrisGoddard | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

Hi

I can't access either. Need to be able to play from Stage 1 or what is the point.

Latest Comments